Petra Engineers & Consultants Ltd. is looking for full time/part time Piping Designer on contract basis to work on multiple small and medium sized projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the preparation of all process, piping and mechanical deliverables in the Drafting and Design Department. These include PFD’s, P&ID’s, Plot Plans, General Arrangements, Equipment Layouts, Isometrics and associated 3D models.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoPlant, Navisworks, MicroStation etc.
- Preparation of design drawings such PFD’s, P&ID’s, Plot Plans, Piping General Arrangements, Equipment Layouts, Isometrics etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret design drawings
- Checking of 2D drawings and 3D models for clashes and constructability
- Review of drawings and designs for accuracy, completeness and consistency
- Bill of materials generation and material take off
- Participate in internal and external 30/60/90% model reviews.
- Maintain accurate and organized drawing files within existing file structures
- Review specifications, codes, and vendor documentation
- Prepare complete and accurate design and drawings that adhere to Petra and client standards as well as applicable codes
- Regular meetings with the Piping Design Manager to ensure all project requirements are being met
- Effectively communicate the status of tasks, design changes and continuous improvement items to the rest of the design team.
- Experience in structural design and drafting will be an asset
- Engineering Design and Drafting Technology diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ of EPCM experience.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organized, systematic and competent to perform detailed technical tasks
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada
Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidate selected for the interview will be contacted.